Hi again everyone. So I’ve been getting nominations for the Liebster award. I’ve been running out of ideas to post at the moment so I just decided to do this.(AND THIS WILL BE THE LAST LIEBSTER AWARD I WILL BE ACCEPTING). Anyways, I would love to thank these lovely ladies Anne @ ANNE-THOLOGY OF BOOKS, Kath, Analee @BookSnacks, and Nicole @ awayinneverland for the nomination. Please check out/follow their blogs if you already haven’t. The Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 randoms fact about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
Now onto the 11 Random Facts About Moi:
1) I took four years of French; however, now I can only probably remember only six things in French: “how are you?” “my name is?”, “i’m hungry”, “thank you”, “bye”, and “I love you”
2) I’m one of those people who store a bunch of songs on their ipod, yet only listen to probably only 20 songs out of the thousands I have.
3) I like to stock up on ramen because that’s what I eat when there’s no food at home. Not exactly a healthy option, but I just love ramen noodles.
4) I recently got a temporary job as an assistant lead supervisor for Bank of America and I’d say that the job is very stressful.
5) I’m thinking of going back to school to get my Master’s though I am not exactly sure what to program to apply for.
6) I really want to travel; however, I’m too broke at the moment.
7) As far as I know, I’m not allergic to anything.
8) I have really tiny feet so I sometimes have difficulty finding certain shoes that will fit me.
9) I’ve recently taken a liking to online shopping even though the mall I live nearby is only about a 10 minute drive.
10) I can never eat salad as a meal.
11) Other than books I also do read fanfiction on occasion.
Dystopians are my absolute favorite, though I will most likely read almost anything if the story pique my interest.
2)What genre do you hate?
I don’t know if it’s hatred but just won’t read. Probably erotica. Smut is okay, but erotica is rather extreme for my taste.
3)How many books have you read so far?
I don’t know the exact amount but if you look at this link https://errka220.wordpress.com/books-read/. This list only consists of books that I remember reading so there’s definitely more.
4)How many do you want to read this year?
So far I’ve read at least 20, so hopefully maybe at least a hundred.
5)Favorite movie from 2014/2015?
Big Hero 6! Baymax is just freakin awesome!
6)What kind of humor do you like?
Humorously sarcastic and sometimes witty.
7)What color is “The Dress”?
The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds, The Flash just to name a few.
9)What do you do on a rainy day?
I either take a nap, watch T.V, wrapped up in my blanket sipping on hot cocoa, or read a book.
10)If you have a Goodreads, what do you do on there?
I do have an account though I don’t really go on it and write book reviews. I’ve written quite a few, but most of the time I just use it to read reviews of books that I may consider reading
1)If you are a teacher, which book would you recommend to your students to read?
The whole entire Harry Potter series. I think the series covers great themes that could be analyzed in a literary class. And plus the series is not boring so I’m sure they will enjoy reading them.
2)What is your favorite picture book?
I don’t think I have a favorite picture book, but I loved pop up books when I was younger.
3)Any favorite theater play?
I’ve only see one which was during high school and that was Evita. It was good but I haven’t seen too many to really decide. I wanted to watch Les Miserables, but never got a chance to.
4)What do you look for when choosing a book?
Beautiful book covers tend to always catch my attention, so naturally I always pick one over a book that isn’t so aesthatically appealing. Nevertheless, I read the synopsis and if it’s something I am interested in reading then I would get it. If not, I put it back.
5)If you will give your best friend a book, what would it be?
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov for humorous purposes. I would love to see his reaction in terms of the content of the book. Appalled, laughs it off, or just shakes his head off, or seriously give the WTF? look.
6)Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
Anything Shakespeare because of his writing style. Honestly who talked like that in every day conversations?
7)Any books you’ve been avoiding?
I still refuse to read Fifty Shades of Grey no matter how much my friends have been recommending for me to read it.
8)The longest time you’ve gone without reading?
A year during my junior year and first half of senior year at university. I was so buried in school work and too much studying so I never had much time. It wasn’t until maybe towards my last quarter of senior year that I got back into leisure reading.
9)Any policy in comes of book lending?
None. And that’s due to the fact that I don’t lend my books at all. I’m sorry for sounding selfish; however, my books are just some things that I will not lend. I’ve had experiences where I let people borrow my stuff and got them back in the condition that they were not in prior to lending them.
10)Do you have any book bad habits?
Buying book even though I have so many that I still have to read.
11)What’s your favorite food/snack when you’re reading?
I don’t eat while I’m reading. I’ve learned from experience to never eat when reading because. But then that’s due to the fact that I can be clumsy at times.
1)What is your favourite book-to-film adaptation OR what is a book/series you would like to see as a movie?
I have a few favorite book-to-film adaptations. Some of them include the Harry Potter series, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Silence of the Lambs.
2)If you could jump into any bookish world, where would it be? Why?
Definitely the Harry Potter world. I still want my Hogwarts letter.
3)Who is your favourite author and why? (You can name more than one if you want.)
I think that I am more of a fan of a book than the author themselves. However, I do love J.K. Rowling for Harry Potter, Agatha Christie for her amazing mystery books, Vladimir Nabokov for his beautiful prose, Kurt Vonnegut for never failing to make me laugh, and Sarah Dessen for her ability to always give me butterflies with her fluff scenes.
4)What is your most prized book?
Truthfully, all of the books I own.
5)What character from a book would you like to meet, and why?
Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I want to be best friends with her.
6)What is/are your favourite quote(s)?
I have too many. If you looked at my Top Ten Tuesday inspiring quotes post then those are some of my favorite.
7)What quality do you appreciate in a character?
Optimism, determination, empathy, and loyalty. I could list more but here are just a few, though I know it only asked for one.
8)What are three books you can’t live without?
Harry Potter series (if you want to be specific it would be the third book), Lolita, and The Truth About Forever.
9)What places would you like to visit and why?
Anywhere in Europe, some tropical place like the Carribbean, or Japan/Korea.
10)Who is someone you consider a hero?
11)What do you think are your best qualities?
Being honest to a fault…though I don’t know if everyone likes that. Nice and helpful.
1)You will be left on a deserted island and can take 10 books, which books? (One series may be included)
Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling, 1984 by George Orwell, The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom, Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, and The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien.
2)Do you prefer owning your books or borrowing from the library?
I have two library cards so I do like borrowing books, but it is definitely more preferred to own them. I mean who doesn’t love to own their favorite books. I love my collection of books.
3)Book you read that you will never even think to read again?
Twilight the first book. I just couldn’t get into the series.
4)Best book to movie adaptation? Worst?
I’m going to name a few for the best movie adaptation. Best: Harry Potter, even though some important details in the books were missed or only touched upon for a short amount of time in the movies. It’s reasonable though since you can only do so much in a 2 hour something movie from a 600-800 page book. Flipped. Probably one of the few who really stayed true to the book with the exception of some minor name change. The Perks of Being A Wallflower and To Kill A Mockingbird.
Worst: A Series of Unfortunate of Events. I really had high expectations for this movie.
5)TV show you can’t live without? (Or movie)
I think I will survive but it would be disappointing if they ended anytime soon. Some of them include The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds, The Flash, Pretty Little Liars just to name a few.
6)What do you like to do in your free time? (Other than reading)
I go to the gym though that’s really a daily routine for me. I watch T.V., and browse the internet (online shopping)
7)Favorite type of music? Favorite band?
I’m not picky when it comes to music as long as it sounds good. As far as band goes I don’t have a favorite but looking at my ipod I listen to Maroon 5, One Republic, Paramore, Green Day, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Fall Out Boy, The Beatles, Blink 182, and Bon Jovi.
8)If money weren’t an option, where would you want to travel to? Ideal vacation?
Look my previous answer from Analee’s question.
9)Do you read book reviews before you pick up a book?
Most of the time. At times I get easily swayed by negative reviews on book which often makes me hesitant on reading. However, I realized that I should be the judge and give it a chance regardless of what other people think of it.
10)How many books have you read since January?
11)Why did you start blogging? I wanted on online journal to share my thoughts. I have a tumblr though I haven’t posted anything on that site in a while. My wordpress blog started out as more of a personal blog, but then it transitioned to more of a book blog. I love to read and I really wanted a platform where I can share my thoughts on the books that I read and anything book related, hence this book blog.
Anna@ A Wondrous Bookshelf
Cristian @THE BOOKISH GOD
Eliza @THE BOOKISH UNIVERSE
Emily @Be Book Smart
Jacqueline @The Bashful Bibliophile
Liam @Liam’s Library
Mara @Across the Books
Questions for My Nominees:
1) If you’re not enjoying a book do you give up or struggle through it?
2) Of the books you were required to read for school, which was your favorite?
3) If you could re-write an ending of a book that you have read which one would it be and why? (If you’re satisfied with all the endings then my question would be which one was your favorite ending of a book/series?)
4) Do you sometimes imagine yourself as a character in any books that you read? If so, which ones?
5) What is the most expensive book that you bought? The cheapest?
6) If you could mix characters from any books and build the perfect story, who would you pick?
7) Name a book/series that is difficult to get into; however, seems to have huge fanbase/hardcore fans?
8)Which book(s) has made an impact in your life?
9) Though this can be rare, which movie adaptation in your opinion is actually better/or is as equally great as the book?
10) How often do you read out of your “comfort zone”?
11) You are having literary tea party and you are allowed 7 guests, who do you invite? (characters, authors…) What would happen at your literary party? (if you can come up with a scenario anyways…)